Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Future

Okay, so here's the deal. Lately I haven't been feeling like myself. For the most part I have felt that my artistic vision has been clouded by my influences. This is bad. Because you should never compare yourself to anybody and you should always try to produce a genuine representation of yourself and your artwork. I've been trying to reach some sort of comfort with any creative outlet; however, the progress has been hindered by my lack of motivation and concentration.

I am here to inform my friends and fellow artistic minded community that I will be relocating to Vancouver Island come September. I will be joining the Graphic Design program at Vancouver Island University. This is a decision that I have come to because I feel that I need a new adventure. I appreciate everything that Thunder Bay has given me, and I am very grateful for the education and friendships that I have made in Toronto/Sheridan College. It is time for a new adventure. I will miss you all. And I will always be thinking of you because you are my inspiration. I was hoping to relocate to Southern Ontario, but now that seems to have been put on hold. I will be back some day. Right now I need to concentrate on building who I am and what I can contribute to the artistic community.

7 comments:

Ryan Christiani said...

Whatt!! That is awesome Greg, Vancouver Island is beautiful, your going to have a great time I am sure!

Greg Dubeau said...

I'm looking forward to it.

Irma Kniivila said...

I WILL MISS YOU AND/OR BE SLEEPING ON YOUR COUCH FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME.

Seriously though, you'll have an awesome time.

Unknown said...

Goodness, this guy never quits. Well Greg all i can say is, do us proud. I know you've been deliberating over this for some time now, and either way your going to enjoy it and do great!

It will be interesting to see what leaps out of the forests of BC and sparks the imagination.

Chris Coles said...

You will do well no matter what. Have fun, just like the Ghostbusters, you got the tools, you got the talent. And Van. Island IS amazing.
Best of luck

Dave Murray said...

Man, I will assure you that this place is beautiful, and you will love it here.

There are bears!

Greg Dubeau said...

Thanks for the love, and the ghost busters reference Chris. That made my day.