Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Horizons

I've been thinking recently about where I stand as a creative person right now and where I would like to be down the road. Considering that I am studying Illustration, you would think that my heart and soul would be here. Not so much these days. Lately I have been fooling around with multimedia. I still draw and paint from time to time; however, the idea of film, photography and graphic design has captured my interest. Seems like a silly idea considering I have one more semester until I receive my Illustration degree. I find that I am more committed and motivated when I jump between media, from project to project. I find my inspiration in all sorts of places. A few notable websites I frequent are Design by Humans, Process Recess, Jillian Tamaki's Sketch Blog, Toxel, Hedi Slimane's Diary, Fashion East, Chestionabil, Eclectic Cow, In Frame TV, SPY, Mads Jokob Poulsen and Sagmeister Inc.
I have also been trying to get some ideas on paper that I otherwise did not have time to work on while at school. The photo above is close up shot of a watercolour painting I have been working on. It's the first of a series of two paintings with the theme of Sex Ed. It's not quite finished, so I will post more progress/finals at a later date. I figure that I should create some new work right now considering that this next semester I will be diving head first into a documentary-like film project. I'm very excited about it.

No comments: