Sunday, December 14, 2008

Up, Up & Away




First semester has finally come to an end. The last four months have been a whirlwind of growth, confusion and every other emotion under the rainbow. I leave for Winter break feeling good about my position. I produced a lot of work this semester and realized what I want to do and what I would rather not concentrate my time towards. I've reached a new standard of work, where it is less about the quality of production/media and more focused on my own satisfaction and gratification I find within my work. Without going further into detail, I will just remark on how I am beginning to see myself in my artwork. It's quite a remarkable feeling.
The project above is the final assignment for my Graphic Design course taught by the very incredible, very inspiring Jill Dallas. I'm very proud of this project because Jill and myself had a great collaboration of ideas which lead to very powerful and effective art direction. The project premise was to find a company with a dire need of an identity makeover and produce a new branding image for them. The image branding consisted of a new logo, business card, brochure and letterhead. I chose Airflight Services, which is a limousine company supplying transportation from Lester B. Pearson Airport to various location around the greater Toronto area. There original look was outdated like an old newspaper. I tried to emphasize a more regal and modern feel with a simple layout and subtle manipulation of the logo typeface. I really enjoyed this project and am looking forward to my next Graphic Design course in the Winter term.
I have returned to Thunder Bay for the Winter break. Hoping this holiday will cleanse my palette and guide me to the next level. So I want to say good luck to all my friends. Try to relax and gather your thoughts. And Happy Holidays to everyone who follows this blog.

1 comment:

airporttaxitransfers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.