Saturday, April 19, 2008

1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY POST! . . . . . AND WISDOM!

This is when I give up
Ink and Pastel on Paper
24" x 30"
Portrait Colour Study
Ink and Pastel on Paper
24" x 30"
Last life drawing class of the year. Not too many people showed up, so the model and I had a keen concentration on each other. I decided to use pastels this week and throw down some colour. As you can see with the first drawing, I gave up with ink washes and colour, then decided to make him look like a Louis Vuitton hand bag. This is how I usually administer design and pattern to my work. It's fun to look at. Speaking of fun . . . I will be in St. Catherine's this weekend because I have a whole week to do whatever I want before I head home to begin my co-op.

Since this is the one year anniversary of this blog here of mine, I thought I would run down a list of things I have learned this previous year. A few epiphanies, words of advice, infinite wisdom and a moment or two of clarity. Here we go:
  1. Don't stop experiencing things, go out and do as much as you can (Clemente Botelho)
  2. The only person who holds you back is yourself (Katheryn Adams)
  3. PARTY KARMA: The more money you spend, the more money you get (Amro Attiaa)
  4. When you are tired, you're tired, go to bed
  5. It's not good to compare yourself to others (Brian Cronin)
  6. Your friends are your best resources (Stu McGinnis)
  7. It's important to stay consistent, not particularly with drawing or a certain style; Just being creative will be enough to keep you sharp and inspired (Clemente Botelho)
  8. Nobody is better at being you than you
  9. Make it different (Bob Hambly)
  10. Advice is subjective. These things are important to me, everyone else should find their own

This should mean nothing to a lot of people. The number one thing I have learned this year is everything is different and everything is changing. Go with the flow and grow with the times. Do it your own way and stay consistant. That's why I try to post so much. Live and learn.

No comments: