Thursday, January 3, 2008

Family First

The Dubona Lisa
PhotoShop, 300 dpi.
6" x 8"
The Dubona Lisa under glass in a spiffy looking frame

Promise Dressed Like a Present
Mixed Media on Canvas
10" x 7"
It's hard to believe sometimes how fast time passes us by. It really is true that time flies when you are having fun. My stay in the Bay has been more than I ever could have asked for. Christmas was a bonus, I realized I took for granted some simple things that I have always had. Being away from school always brings things into perspective and vice-versa. It's strange to think that I have never made anything artistic for my family before. I decided to change that this Christmas. Joking around I told my sister I would make her a priceless piece of artwork . . . so I did. With the help of PhotoShop I made her into the Mona Lisa or how I call it the "Dubona Lisa". The second piece I did was for a new friend. I promised her I would show her what I do. Lately I have been fooling around with mixed media and some graphite. I hinged two small canvas' together and made a diptych for her. She was happy with the final product, and I was happy to do it for her. I will be returning in a couple days to Oakville and back to school. This break was very therapeutic and I'm greatful for everything that has happened. The good and the bad. Without the bad you can never really appreciate the goodness in life.

1 comment:

Nimit Malavia said...

still wo0o-ing the ladies with your artistic prowess i see
you crafty, crafty devil you!
i digg the whole hinged canvas dealio

nicely done chap!