Friday, January 25, 2008

Connect the Dots


Sometimes it's really easy for me to get stuck. I get myself into these situation where I tend to let my ambition overtake practicality. It's good to push yourself and learn through reps, but I sometimes feel that my efforts are misguided. I tend to dedicate myself to the wrong areas of projects. I remember in first year illustration when I felt troubled because my thought process and ideas were more mature than my process work and actual draftsmanship. My confidence has shifted dramatically since then. Right now media and process work are the last of my worries. Finding an exciting idea to work with is the difficult part. It should be so much easier than it is. I watched Cloverfield this last weekend and it triggered something in my brain. Something so simple as a monster movie, but filmed first person with a camcorder. It's a great idea and such a simple concept. This is kind of what I'm getting at. I'm going to try and start to let things go and not over-work ideas. In life drawing this week I didn't feel up to making my decisions with paint or ink, so me and Nimit stuck to ballpoint pen and our sketchbooks. Simple.

5 comments:

Yuta Onoda said...

nice exploration greg!i love something that needs to be looked carefully. new move!

Nimit Malavia said...

i was pretty inspired by your drawing in class buddy! your composition and cropping of the figure was something to see! big ups brosef!

Greg Dubeau said...

Thanks guys

Carlie Russelle said...

She would make a great mother...

complete with eyes on the back of her head.

(haha)

this is a really nice drawing.

Unknown said...

nice greg! great composition!