Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Juxtaposition, Decorative & Detailed


Mac and Cheese
Graphite, Photoshop on Cotton Fibre Paper
8" x 10"
Macaroni and cheese. Staple diet for the average college student right? Well yes and no. I'm trying to take care of myself these days. I did however use my Mom's homemade Mac and Cheese recipe for the latest project in Interpretive Illustration class. This semester I am fortunate enough to have Clemente Bothelo as my new Interpretive Illustration professor. He's a professional Illustrator that has been around the block a few times. A very exciting guy to be around. Our first project was to illustrate a recipe for . . . . . . .anything really. I took the project very literally and kept it simple. What's more simple than Mac and Cheese right? I combined the ideas of simplicity and sophistication. All of the type is hand drawn to look very ornate and decorative. A lot of people brought this project outside the realm of food. After seeing some of the other finals in class today, I think I would enjoy to do something in that area too. It was fun working on fibrous paper. It soaked up inks really well. Our next project sounds like it will be fun. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Carlie Russelle said...

This seems right up your alley, Greg.
I loved the type you used and the quirkiness is so appropriate.
Delicious, bonne appetite!