Monday, June 4, 2007

The Docks & Search

Well I have come to the conclusion that I do not like Thunder Bay half as much as I used to. My search for a job has been a travesty, and nobody seems to need me . . . . anywhere. I have been watching the Sopranos a lot lately, so I think the slacker attitude of Tony Soprano has greatly influenced me to not work too hard and really do what I want. I finished my last painting the other day. It's called "The Docks" (24" x 30"), a picture that I took near the old abandoned Thunder Bay harbor. I learned a lot when it came to painting the illusion of texture. The water and dirt was difficult, and I chose to re-do it many times, and the wood grain was tedious. In the end, I am satisfied with how the final product turned out. For my next project I was thinking about going multi-media, using a little bit of everything. I have a large piece of Masonite in my room, now I am just waiting to see what kind of muse appears before me or what inspiration floats by. My friend Jennesia and I went on an adventure to the waterfront, to an abandoned ship yard today. I took some pictures, trying to find that one good random shot to capture the mood. This has been my running theme for my recent artwork.

No comments: