Saturday, February 14, 2009

Taking Control

Bram Stoker's Dracula
Ink, Watercolour and Digital
14" x 17"
So I tried to take a stab at illustrating classical literature last semester and failed miserably. The feeling of defeat did not sit well at all, so I decided to take another approach. Based on my collection of classic literature I am going to redesign the book covers as a part of a series. My first attempt was Bram Stoker's Dracula. The image above is a spread of the the cover, spine and back. I was trying to portray the whole sexual/manipulative relationship between Count Dracula and Jonathan Harker's wife Mina Murray. I've decided to add the typographical design after the series of paintings are complete. I'm aiming for six cover redesigns. I will post more progress as it occurs in the next little while.

6 comments:

Bryce Huffman said...

wow, this looks awesome

Simon Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simon Kim said...

looks really great

Anonymous said...

Greg, I think this is fab. Which classics are you going to attempt next? I can't wait.
-jennesia

Carlie Russelle said...

lookin sweet greg. liking the mixd graphics!

Greg Dubeau said...

Next books I will be doing is Frankenstein and then Treasure Island.