Friday, October 10, 2008

Bass, Snare and Crash Landing


Travis Barker
Blue Pencil, Acrylic & Digital, 400 dpi.
11" x 16"

It's taken me four weeks to realize that I am not ready to undertake my thesis project for interpretive illustration class. The workload and conceptualizing for my rendition of "War & Peace" was a little bit more than I could handle at the moment. Down the road I think I will try it again. Instead, I've decided to move into a more editorial avenue and pursue "celebrity portraits based on current events". My first portrait is of Travis Barker, the infamous drummer who just recently survived a plane crash . I've always had tremendous respect for him because he is an astounding musician and often thought when watching him perform, he played the drums as if he were "on fire". I really enjoyed this project. The mix of traditional and digital media is an area I would like to pursue.

2 comments:

Nimit Malavia said...

nicely done dude! I loved seeing the process on this piece, turned out really well. Although i think the 'on fire' comment was bit soon...

Carlie Russelle said...

Greg I'm loving your digital application. Really polished looking.
And that badass tattoo is really believable.