Saturday, May 17, 2008

Take It Like A Man


Prostate Man Campaign Poster 2008
Illustrator and PhotoShop, 300 dpi.
11" x 15"

Sorry for the tardiness. I have not posted as much as I would have liked to lately. I have recently been working for Generator Advertising & Strategy as a part of my school sanctioned co-op. I've been working hard on a non-for-profit campaign to raise awareness of Prostate Cancer. In partnership with the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre, Generator helps to promote cancer awareness in our community. My job is to illustrate and find creative solutions to employ with the prostate cancer awareness poster boy, "Prostate Man". The whole campaign has a comic book theme. So far I have created a promotional poster, newspaper ads, illustrations for a tissue box, and down the road a comic book and billboards! I had a full page ad in the local newspaper the other day. Very excited about that. My time at the National Post has greatly benefited me dealing with the creation, development and reproduction process. I will post more campaign illustrations soon, pending their approval. Next week I tackle the comic book . . . . which will print 5,000 copies. Heres to long hours and late nights!

2 comments:

Irma Kniivila said...

hhahahaa.

Somehow, this project really resonates with my view of Greg Dubeau.

I wonder what prostate man's sidekick would be. The invading hand? Androgen boy?

Geez, it's late.

Greg Dubeau said...

I'm thinking that Tobias would be the perfect sidekick to Prostate Man. Hahah, "The Analrapist!" My oh my, what a stellar comedic duo.