Sunday, December 16, 2007

Lucky Lucy Laser Beams

LUCY Tour Poster
PhotoShop, 300 dpi
10" x 16"


LUCY Digi-pack CD
PhotoShop, 300 dpi
17" x 5"
I'm sorry, but I will never look at the word "Lucy" the same again. I hope I don't meet anybody named Lucy for a long time. For the past eight weeks I have been creating fictional promotional items for a fictional recording artist/musician named LUCY. The project for Graphic Design class was to design a digi-pack CD case and tour poster for our musical artist. In my mind Lucy is a young British girl who's style is a mixture of rock and roll and R&B. Kind of like all young female recording artists coming out these days. She's more sassy though, like an Amy Winehouse; therefore, I thought it would be appropriate to use lots of light blues, pinks, and even highlighter yellow! The hardcopy looks much better than the screen shots here. Overall my marketing campaign for Lucy was so so. Some liked it and there was also some typographic and decorative qualities I needed to work on. I'm looking forward to next semester in Graphic Design because we are making self-promotional packages including business cards and mailers.

P.S. I didn't make the new header on this page. My roommate Irma did. She painted me while we were working late in the labs one night. It only took her an hour! An . . . . hour! And she gave me freaken' laser beam eyes! How cool is that!

No comments: