Saturday, March 28, 2009

Jolly Roger on the Face

Ahoy! I have a "new school" version of Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island. It's the third book cover for my series of redesigned literature. I thought it would be cool to mess with the popular conceptions of pirates. I decided to make them younger having more sea weathered skin and influenced by indo-pacific culture. Long John Silver is on the right and Jim Hawkins is on the left. This was definitely not my favourite cover by far -- I ran into some difficulties along the way (i.e. wayyyyy to dark, etc.). I'm thinking since school is winding down I will only do one more cover. Things are really crazy right now. It feels good and bad at the same time. A lot is up in the air right now; however, I have always been a supporter of chance. Keeps me on my toes. More to come soon.

1 comment:

Carlie Russelle said...

oooh the markings on the face work so well
Personally, I enjoy the darkness