Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So Much Craziness

I . . . am . . . rattled. I was informed today that the folder on the school server which I stored all of my work to date had been deleted. Cold turkey. WHAT!!! It's safe to say that I was on the edge of a complete George Costanza flip out. I met with a very scary man and let him yell at me for not properly using the school server. I left with a little more hope in restoring my files, but at the same time felt like I wanted to cry for hours. I felt the entire rainbow of human emotion in the range of a single hour. I'm OK now though.

Anyways, the piece above is an info illustration being pitched to the National Post's Avenue page. I broke down how much the elite NBA athletes earn and compare it to how much they contribute to their teams statistically. It turns out that Kevin Garnett makes $10,000 per minute while he plays. I guess that's the price to pay to win an NBA championship. I wanted to show a strong graphic element, but there was simply too much type to handle. Making the graphs was fun and I can see myself trying similar projects in the future.

Check out the new Brand Jordan commercial that aired this past All Star weekend. This kind of stuff really inspires me to pursue film and advertising. Michael does it again.


No comments: