Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fitting Into Place

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Watercolour, Ink and Digital
14.5" x 8.5"
This is the second book cover redesign for my collection of classic literature, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein! What an incredible book. And to believe that Shelley wrote it when she was only eighteen! I wanted to interpret the Frankenstein monster to be made up of stretched layers of human parts instead of being stitched together. This gave me a great opportunity to make some new photoshop brushes to simulate different types of flesh and tissue. My favourite part is the cloudy eye. I tried to make the eye look milky like an eyeball with glaucoma. Which represents the monster being both dead and alive at the same time. I'm happy with how this piece turned out, specifically how I pursued my initial interpretation from start to finish without any doubt or hesitation. The next book cover I will be redesigning is Robert Louis Stevenson' Treasure Island. Yo ho.

2 comments:

Carlie Russelle said...

WHAT.THE.SHIT.
That is all I can even say.
Amazing Greg
You've captured my morning face!

Irma Kniivila said...

But how does he eat!!!