Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Annual Observations

Whenever I finish a sketchbook, I find it interesting to go through my sketches and notes to track my process and find where my mind was at. This last sketchbook took me a little over a year to fill up. I found that a lot of my work was very meticulous and planned out. There wasn't a great deal of experimentation. Most of my sketches and observations were based on the obvious, like the sketches above. I was using a lot of ballpoint pen and limited my exposure to alternate media. It's apparent to see right now because lately I've been inspired by a wide range arts and media. Everything seems to be catching my eye. Was I in a creative slump? Because right now I feel an energy to create, to study, to discover and just basically experience everything.

No comments: