Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Sudden Rush of Everything

Rough Times
Acrylic and Gesso on Canvas
18" x 24"
This is the newest painting for the Summer collection. In many ways it represents different things that are going on right now. My life is a little sporadic right now. It may be metaphorical, I don't know? Maybe a product of my sub conscience? Recently Thunder Bay has received enough rain to have parts of the community evacuated. This is insane and I've never been through something like this so close to home. On the upside I am really pleased how this turned out. I challenged myself with the subject matter because it is so organic and candid. I enjoy the ferocious nature. Really looking forward to having the whole series displayed in July, on Canada Day!

2 comments:

Yuta Onoda said...

very nice painting greg.
I am excited to see more of this series!

Bennett John Oliver Slater said...

"wow, pretty photo" thought ben as scrolled down the page. Much to his discredit, the "photo" in question was actually a shockingly successful painting.

jolly good job, old bean.