Saturday, March 29, 2008

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Thought
Acrylic, Ink and Gesso on Canvas
24" x 30"

It's been a good week. At a time when so much could go wrong, the Universe took pity on me and threw me some pocket aces. In the last week I have found a new apartment, secured my co-op, received my summer job back and have been kicking ass with some recent artwork. I'm beginning to think that my personality as a human being is dependent on the weather. Winter is over . . . thank God, and the days are getting longer. Creatively I feel good right now and very inspired to draw and paint. I have been sitting in on a multitude of life drawing classes and in the last week I went to see presentations by Jillian Tamaki and Martin Wittfooth. They were both really insightful about their artwork and the process. Inspiring young artists give me so much hope because they seem like they are having so much fun. This week I sat in on Harvey Chan's life drawing class and decided to continue my battle with skin tones. I am getting more comfortable with skin tones and am quickly finding relationships between facial structure, colours, shadows and highlights. This last model was incredible. Never moved for nearly two hours in a standing pose. Incredible! It's a good time to be a Sheridan Illustration student.

No comments: