Thursday, March 20, 2008

Marching Band . . . in March!

The Dandelion Marching Band
Watercolour Pencil on Paper
13" x 10"
I tend to have an influx of photos, images, typography, etc. that are kicking around. I had a really nice photo of a British Marching Band. So what did I do with it? I obviously traced it and turned their funny hats into floral arrangements. Wouldn't you? I have yet again flirted with juxtaposition. I was initially going to scan it in and work into it digitally; however, I kind of like it this way. This is the kind of simplicity I've been looking for. It's the most honest work I've done all school year. True story.

4 comments:

Irma Kniivila said...

haha.

I would put this on my wall.

Yuta Onoda said...

its really nice work greg.
i am definitely loving the explorations you have done lately. truly entertaining!!
keep it up!!

Nimit Malavia said...

this is fantastic man!
i think you said it best, this does feel really honest. Props to staying traditional with it...gotta represent son!!

le awesome!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.